PLENARY III: REFORMS ON THE PEACE AND SECURITY MULTILATERAL FRAMEWORK FROM THE PERSPECTIVE OF PEACE-BUILDERS AND MEDIATORS
The session is intended as a conversation among 5 peacebuilders whose work in the field is affected by the multilateral framework on Peace and Security to hear their proposals and analysis on how to improve its effectiveness and success in the current context. Special attention will be paid to COVID-19 potential peace dividends and creative peacebuilding methods.
- Mr. José Manuel Ramos-Horta, President of East Timor (2007-2012) and Member of WLA-CdM
- Ms. Roza Otunbayeva, President of the Kyrgyzstan (2010-2011) and Member of WLA-CdM
- Ambassador Martin Sajdik, Former Special Representative of OSCE Chairperson-in-Office in Ukraine
- Mr. Ville Brummer, Programme Director, Crisis Management Initiative
- Ms. Fatima Askira, Founder/Executive Director of Borno Women Development Initiative
Session facilitated by Mr. Kai Sauer, Under-Secretary of State, Foreign and Security Policy, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland