ACTION LAB, INCLUSIVE APPROACH: THE ROLE OF WOMEN IN CONFLICT PREVENTION AND PEACEBUILDING. THE WOMEN, PEACE AND SECURITY AGENDA
Specific objective: To share and validate recommendations identified by panellist aimed at ensuring women’s meaningful participation in peace and mediation processes, the implementation of peace agreements and related decision-making, and countering potential setbacks in the implementation of the Women, Peace and Security Agenda as a consequence of COVID-19.
- Ms. Joyce Banda, President of Malawi (2012-2014) and Member of WLA-CdM
- Ms. Helen Clark, Prime Minister of New Zealand (1999-2008) and Member of WLA-CdM
- Mr. Michael Gaffey, Permanent Representative of Ireland to the United Nations in Geneva
- Ms. Johanna Poutanen, Head of the Women in Peacemaking Programme, Crisis Management Initiative
- Ms. Miriam Coronel-Ferrer, Member of the UN Standby Mediation Team, and former chief negotiator of the Philippine government for talks with the Moro Islamic Liberation Front
Session facilitated by Ambassador Teemu Turunen, Director of the Centre for Peace Mediation, Ministry for Foreign Affairs of Finland.