PLENARY IV: UN75, SDG16 AND AN INTEGRATED VISION FOR PEACE AND SECURITY
WLA-CdM Members and key partners will offer conceptual and specific ideas for transforming the multilateral peace and security framework in the context of the 75th anniversary of the United Nations into a more responsive, effective and inclusive system.
- Mr. Ban Ki-Moon, Secretary-General of the United Nations (2007-2016) and Honorary Member of WLA-CdM
- Mr. He Yafei, Former Deputy Foreign Minister of China, Former Deputy Director of the Overseas Chinese Affairs of the State Council of China
- Ms. Sarah Nouwen, Co-Deputy Director of the Lauterpacht Centre for International Law, Cambridge University
- Mr. Nasser Judeh, Senator, Former Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Foreign Affairs, The Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan
- Mr. Itonde A. Kakoma, Director for Global Strategy, Crisis Management Initiative (CMI)
Session facilitated by Ms. Noeleen Heyzer, Former Executive Secretary of the UN Economic and Social Commission for Asia and the Pacific and WLA-CdM Advisor.